This is the final podcast episode in the Music Radio Creative podcast series. We share some facts about the MRC podcast, a timeline of the podcast’s development and out new podcasting ideas for the future. It was first broadcast as a Google Hangout On Air on Friday 18th July 2014.
The Music Radio Creative podcast started on 3rd July 2012 so we’re over 2 years in.
Most Listened To Episodes
Here are the episodes that gained the most listens (stats correct as of Friday 18th July 2014).
- 6818 listens – World of Audio in 2013 Review
- 4886 listens – Audio Branding For MRC (when Izabela joined in)
- 4375 listens – The Power of Networking
Episodes That Created The Most Discussion
- 92 comments – Voice Over Jobs At Music Radio Creative
- 59 comments – Mic Chain Setup For Voice Overs
- 49 comments – Sound Quality for Podcasting and Broadcasting
The top 3 most commented episodes are about audio production which is why… we’re creating a dedicated podcast about it!
The first 5 episodes were only me… you can still hear them! After that really cool guests joined in – voice artists, producers & radio peeps. Izabela joined me on the podcast from #39 but she didn’t join officially until #49 and then we never looked back!
Podcast Listener Statistics
All time listens 90,344 – since we have joined Spreaker in July 2013 (we have broken the 100,000 download mark but lost our previous download stats after leaving our old podcast media host).
New Ideas – Why Are We Doing This?
- Many are afraid of change. You already like what you’re used to.
- We want to increase our weekly output and give you more choice.
- We want to do a daily podcast of 10 minutes each day.
- Different style and ideas to current successful daily podcasters John Lee Dumas & Pat Flynn.
- Our listening figures are stuck – we would like to make sure to move them up as much as possible – we believe we can reach wider audience this way.
- This will be the first podcasting split test. We’ll launch 5 podcasts and see which performs the best!
The 5 New Podcasts Will Be…
Podcast About Podcasting
Podcasting tips, ideas and technology reviews to enable you to be the best podcaster you can be.
Audio Production Podcast
Ideas, tips, tricks, my audio secrets and much more – all related to audio production.
Internet Marketing Online Show
Sharing online marketing tips strategies and ideas to improve your game in the new media world. We are not the experts – but we are interested and would like to learn more – will you join us on that journey?
Izabela’s baby – branding reviews, ideas, tips, tricks. It will eventually be Izabela’s new company if it takes off.
Isle of Wight Lifestyle Podcast
Lifestyle design ideas from two passionate entrepreneurs who talk about life and discuss how to become the very best version of yourself.
Launch date will be by 22nd August. Make sure you’re getting our email updates to hear more!