With Christmas fast approaching it is good to plan and consider what music to play on your radio station this holiday season. There are some must have all times favourites and of course constant stream of new music. Have a plan on when to start playing Christmas music on your station too.
Christmas Music Quotes on Facebook
Back in August this year Facebook introduced an interesting new “posted about” feature. It can be a great tool to find out what’s popular amongst your friends and seems to be a competitor to Google+ and Twitter’s trends. In the last couple of days I’ve noticed that many of my Facebook friends (including radio stations and DJs) have started posting about Christmas music. A sure fire indicator that it’s time to dust off the festive songs and start playing them!
Popular Christmas Music
Here are the most played Christmas songs on UK radio so far this year according to the UK radio airplay chart. It’s interesting to note that 70% of these tunes are timeless classics that we hear year on year at Christmas time! Why not download our free Christmas music radio IDs with artist and title of all these songs included?
- Michael Bublé – Cold December Night
- Paul Carrack – Thinking About You (This Christmas)
- The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl – Fairytale of New York
- Wham! – Last Christmas
- Band Aid – Do They Know It’s Christmas
- Mick Hucknall – Happy This Christmas
- Mariah Carey – All I Want For Christmas Is You
- John Lennon & Yoko Ono – Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
- Paul McCartney – Wonderful Christmastime
- Shakin’ Stevens – Merry Christmas Everyone