Radio station tag-lines, radio station strap-lines or radio station positioning statements. Whatever you decide to call it this is the one radio liner that you’ll hear over and over again on a radio station and it’s the most important liner you can choose as it positions your radio station in the marketplace. This is the primary audio branding element for your radio station.
Clever Radio Station Taglines
In many cases radio station tag-lines can say plenty without actually meaning anything. Let’s take a look at the most popular radio station liner in the world “Hit Music” is used in one form or another on some of the world’s biggest radio stations:
- Z100 “New York’s Hit Music Station”
- Capital FM “Number One Hit Music Station”
- 2Day FM “Sydney’s Hit Music Station”
- NRJ “Hit Music Only”
“Hit Music” is a clever brand as it can be any music genre like pop, rock, dance or classical as long as the song is a hit! It’s possible to claim you’re the “number one hit music station” which doesn’t necessarily mean you are number one in the marketplace simply the number one station playing hit music.
Funny Radio Station Slogans
A funny and true radio station slogan is “playing what we want” used famously by the Jack FM brand on both sides of the Atlantic. This is the most honest radio station slogan I’ve ever heard as commercial radio stations generally stick to a playlist and “play what they want“. It’s a more honest than the opposite slogan “playing the music you want“.
More Radio Slogans
- More Music Variety – More music variety than what or who? An iPod or another radio station in the marketplace?
- Your Number One – Clever, the radio station may be YOUR number one but is it actually number one in the area?
- Real Music – As opposed to fake music?
- A Better Music Mix – A better mix than than what or who?
- The Best Music or Today’s Best Music – Any station that claims it has the BEST is up for a challenge from others.
Generic Radio Slogans
Here are some more ideas you can choose to adapt in your radio station branding:
- Playing the music you love
- Your favourite music, on your favourite radio
- Serving our community
- Spreading love and understanding with the best music
- Pure (insert genre of music you play here), all day long
- Playing more (insert genre here) music than deemed legal by local authorities
- More music variety than sand on your local beach!
- Variety is the spice of our station
- More variety than you can swallow/imagine
- Hitting you with hits, every day!
- Hits you love
- Home of great music
- Keep calm and listen on
Slogans For Local Radio Station
- The local station you love
- Serving our great community of (place here)
- Local is our middle name
- Where the heart of (place here) lives
- Your number one source of local news and information you need
- Made in (place here) with love
- Full time Community Radio at it’s best
Slogans For Rock Radio Station
- Rocking the waves
- Home of great rock music
- Rocking the waves with great music
- Your number one rock station
- We wanna rock with you!
- Best rock through the decades
- Pure rock heat
Need help with script writing? Contact us – we’ll give you free script ideas when you order audio from us.
what's your view on a radio station slogan " 94.4 FM Radio Sapientia, The Source Of Wisdom".
I like it – inspirational!
Very nice and instructive. Thanks for the info.
Beloved Kamal,I dey salute U Oh & @ dsame time thank God for yur wonderful life.No doubt U've been there,U've seen it all & U've conquered.Inshort nobi 2day-e don tey;abi I lie?..Abeg make U dey follow me continue 2 dey thank Papa God 4 'im faithfullness_Oh jare.How far,even if yur schedules don get as e be,how we fit see 2 rob minds 2gether?…Abeg pardon my pigeon yan O jare!Just wanted 2 sound a little funny;while I hit d punchline…
You're most welcome!
is this slogan ok? " we may not be the number one but we are the only one!"
Great if you're in a market with no competition!
Sorry been away from facebook for a while; good 2 be here; My question though for you mike: is there any special effect or setting for background sounds with a VO playing over?
The best answer is to take away low end frequencies from the voice over. It will help the voice to cut through any background sounds.
Mike! Big thank you 4 your reply> However i should make an apology 4 bothering you often.how about if i reduce on high frequencies of background sounds, while take away high frequencies of the VO, can that have good effect in your opinion?
A better solution would be to use a noise gate to filter out any background noise. Good luck!
Magic Malta 91.7 -JUST GOOD MUSIC….can we be more generic than this? 🙂
I love it Carlo. You know exactly what you’re going to get! 🙂
mike 107.5 its v.o.m my new office plays best love songs mos 80's and anything softy I hope u will help me this time Mr cool on 107.5 I need some more slogans.
Isaac feel free to contact us. We’ll do anything we can to help.
Hallow, in a radio producer in Uganda- East Africa. I would like help or guidance from you Russell. can i send one or two jingles i produced for your comment? your comment will enhance my production skills. thanks
Thanks David. Would be happy to help! Why not join our private community group where I and others can offer advice? https://community.musicradiocreative.com/
Hi Mike I would like to get a very catchy slogan for my radio station. ..The name if the radio is http://www.switchfmhaiti.com
Thanks in advance for your help!
Sure, we’d be happy to help you out! You can get in contact at http://jingl.es/hellomrc and we can start working on some ideas.
We used this at KTHX Reno… “Real. Good. Music.”
I went with, “Love dance music, love sumo” for my station Sumo Radio. What do you think Mike?
I am looking for some ideas for a radio station WDSO 88.3
Hi Jaden, we can help you creating a jingle. Drop our team a line to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to give you a quote 🙂
Excellent thank you very much for sharing