This week, Mike Russell is the host of the show! In this special episode, he interviews Durin Gleaves, the Product Manager at Adobe Audition. Find out all about this software that Mike’s been using (and loving) for over a decade…
Part of Adobe Creative Cloud’s offerings, Adobe Audition is a powerful sound editing program that enables you to record, edit and create audio content; it comes with great tools like waveform, spectral display, multitrack, a world-class sound remover, and noise reduction. It’s designed to accelerate audio and video production workflows and deliver the highest standards for audio quality!
Top Quotes from Durin Gleaves:
- “The Audition team has seen a lot of new interest from audio for video post users… so we’re really getting to explore new ways of working with audio for video.”
- “Our upcoming release offers a new feature: dynamic link video streaming.”
- “It’s really being able to allow our users to use the best tool for the job (or the tool that they prefer), and just make sure that everything else eventually works as seamlessly and as integrated as we can make it.”
- “All those stock presets that we ship with were really the result of two guys on the team, Dan & Matt, and they both have a great background in audio production… and I think they both had a little too much fun in designing and naming those presets!”
- “We’re always looking at new opportunities… it’s a balance between what new workflow features do we put in and what new effects are people asking for, or what is something that maybe they’re not asking for?”
- “Our bread and butter has always been… radio.”
- “This was kind of an infamous bit of glamour, but any time Osama bin Laden would release a new tape, CNN would have their background graphics showing Audition’s spectral view.”
- “Whereas most of the Adobe applications are visual media editors… with Audition, sound is key.”
- “I’m a critical eye and I’m picking apart the experience all the time.” [On Adobe Audition’s UI.]
- “You’d be surprised where Audition has been in use for years and years… anytime you’d watch shows… that are produced in the U.S., Audition’s right there in the production booth or in the post-production booth.”
- “At the end of the day it’s just such a great audio production tool; I love it and I always have loved it, and I love talking to people about it.”
Tools & Resources:
- Mike’s YouTube video tutorials
- Mike’s AA CC Podcast Workflow
- Mike’s Adobe Video Trailer Production Workflow
- Mike’s Adobe Audition CC Audio Production Course
- 00:27 – Introduction to a revolutionary piece of software
- 01:58 – Adobe Audition’s integration with Premiere Pro
- 04:16 – The story of presets & special effects
- 06:42 – Sound remover vs. noise reduction
- 09: 25 – Generate tones and noise features
- 10:03 – What kind of people use Audition?
- 12:22 – The beauty of Spectral Frequency Display
- 14:14 – Changes to the visuals/UI of Adobe Audition
- 19:19 – Questions from the podcasting community
- 20:49 – Loudness tools in Adobe Audition
- 24:04 – The software making appearances on TV
- 24:53 – An Audition podcast is coming soon!
- 26:56 – Get in touch with Durin & Adobe
- 29:05 – Wrap-up & special offer
Contact Durin & Adobe Audition:
- Facebook: Adobe CC Video & Audio
- Twitter: @, @duringleaves & @
- The Adobe Audition Reddit community (which Durin manages)
- Don’t forget the official forums!
- Contact the team to report bugs and make feature requests: email@example.com
Ready to get creative with Adobe Audition? You’ll need some audio first, so listen right until the end of the show to claim our special offer 🙂 Our guest next week is Cesar Abeid, a podcaster, speaker & author!