A former supervising producer of The Oprah Winfrey Show, LeGrande Green is a four-time Emmy Award winner and the host of BOLD, a pop culture podcast about wellness and living your best life now.
From celebrities to everyday heroes, from the outspoken to the outrageous, BOLD features provocative people with inspiring ideas.
Top Quotes from LeGrande Green:
- “What do you do as a producer? You do everything but host the show! Because you have to find the guest, you have to come up with the idea, you have to write the script, you have to do the research – so that’s what a producer does.”
- [On Oprah] “She opened my eyes to a lot of things.”
- “A lot of people think I’m an extrovert – I’m not… I very much draw my energy from solitude and from introspection.”
- [On celebrities] “I know a lot of this stuff that is out there is image, and a lot of people are not exactly who they say they are.”
- “I don’t draw my inspiration from outside; it’s usually from a centre place and it kind of bubbles up within me.”
- “That shift that happens, happens in our everyday decisions; you are the shift, you are the change you want to see in the world.”
- “It’s not about going outside, it’s about having the courage to go inside.”
- “You should run towards the thing that you’re most afraid of, because that’s where your power is.”
- [Oprah said] “I may be host of the show, but you guys [producers] are the voice, and I want you to put your voice into your shows, because you are the creator[s] and you have the ability to create the show that you want.”
- “What I’m doing serving others is what I’m doing serving my soul.”
- “I’m a potpourri kind of guy.”
- “You can be your own Oprah, and that’s what podcasting does.”
- “If you have a fantastic product and fantastic platform and you have your audience, you find your tribe and you stick to your tribe.”
- Yeti Mic
- Skype Call Recorder
- 0:32 – Guest introduction
- 1:06 – About the role of supervising producer
- 3:22 – Behind the scenes of The Oprah Winfrey Show
- 5:33 – About BOLD
- 6:44 – First podcast listened to
- 8:30 – The biggest inspirations
- 12:32 – The greatest life lessons
- 13:10 – The biggest failure/learning moment
- 17:13 – About measuring success
- 20:23 – Tools for working with BOLD podcast
- 22:05 – Other tools for show preparation
- 24:42 – Building a way to success podcasting
- 27:06 – Next week on the Audio Production Show
Want to Hear More from LeGrande Green?
Our talk with LeGrande Green was a little longer than expected, so tune in next week for part 2 with this amazingly talented guest 🙂 And as always, listen until the end of the episode to claim our special offer!